My sister, Sarah, from Delectable Dining passed "The Passionate Blogger Award" on to me. Back in January, I believe, she suggested that I start blogging and sharing some of the new recipes that I had been trying and I can't begin to tell you how much fun I've been having! Not only have I had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people through this experience, but I've forced myself to make it a point to try so many fantastic recipes that I've come across on my own and those that have been posted by fellow bloggers. I've always loved to cook, but once I had my kids, I started to feel a little overwhelmed and preoccupied with them. Blogging has become a fun new "hobby" for me and given me the chance to do two things that I truly enjoy...cooking and eating!
Along with this award, come the following rules:
1. Put the logo in your blog
2. Write five things you are passionate about apart from blogging
3. Tag 5 people on your lists and let them know you tagged them.
Hmmm...I'm going to try not to be too redundant since I just posted some of my personality traits in a previous post...
Five things I'm passionate about:
1) Family--I absolutely adore my family and would do anything for them. Now that I'm a little older (and wiser) I feel as if I'm gained such a greater understanding of the importance of family. Having two children of my own has been such a blessing! Don't get me wrong...my son gives me a run for my money, but I can't imagine my life without my children (and the rest of my family).
2) Photography--By no means am I anywhere remotely close to being a good "photographer", but I am never without my digital camera. I try so hard to capture all of those little "life moments"! I literally have thousands and thousands of pictures in storage bins that I need to sort through!
3) My profession--Trust me when I tell you...there are days where I want to pull my hair out at work, but I honestly have never once regretted becoming a nurse. Not to sound "corny", but I genuinely love helping others and making a difference in people's lives'. I've literally been brought to tears on several occasions, when patients or their family members will pull me aside and make a point to thank me for the care I provided. It's been such a rewarding and fulfilling job!
4) Cooking--I've always loved to cook, but my two children have really motivated me to be more "adventurous" when experimenting with different ingredients, as they are not the least bit picky. My husband has gotten MUCH better and has been willing to try things before deciding that he doesn't like them :) As mentioned before, I love finding new recipes, collecting cookbooks and trying out recipes posted by other bloggers.
5) Learning--I really enjoy learning new things, whether it be a new hobby, keeping up with nursing journals, etc. I feel as if I'm a very open-minded person and am always looking to acquire new knowledge.
I would now like to pass this award on to the following five people:
If you were to look up the word "picky" in the dictionary, you would see a picture of my husband off to the left. Growing up, I was exposed to all sorts of different foods and encouraged to experiment with different flavors, but after meeting my husband, I somewhat locked myself into an eight to ten meal rotation and was reluctant to deviate. I have since given birth to two of the least picky eaters on the face of the Earth, thus inspiring me to transform my cooking style. I know many people, like myself, lead such hectic lives, so I strive to find recipes that are quick and easy--especially those that you can whip up with ingredients that you ordinarily have on hand!
A bit about me...I married my husband, Marcus, on June 1, 2003 and we welcomed our son Jacob on March 22, 2005. Our daughter, Madeline, was born on March 1, 2008. I stay home with the kids for the most part, but also work occasional shifts as a registered nurse at a local hospital. I truly hope you enjoy my blog. A special "thank you" to my sister, Sarah, for giving me the idea! Her creativity is hard to live up to, but I'm a very determined person and hope to make her proud :)