Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fudgy Brownies


Heidi, from Tried-and-True cooking with Heidi, posted this recipe on her blog at the most perfect time...right before I was having a playdate at my house! I had been trying to come up with some "kid-friendly" foods to make, since between my girlfriend and I, we were going to have a four year old, three year old, (2) 16 month old twins and a 14 month old. I whipped up these brownies in no time and stuck them in the oven right before they arrived--they were quite delicious, but with all of the initial chaos, I somehow missed my timer going off on my oven, so they were in a bit longer than they should have been. This was my first time making homemade chocolate brownies and I will definitely make these again...I may just try to make them before I have a house-full of kids!

Fudgy Brownies

2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
2 sticks butter
3 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Grease an 8x8 baking dish. Mix sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl. Melt butter and add to sugar/cocoa mixture. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. Add flour and salt; blend until just smooth (don't over mix). Bake 40-50 minutes. You want center to still be a little wet when a toothpick is inserted and pulled out.

Source: Tried-and-True cooking with Heidi

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you tried the brownies. I too left mine in a little to long, but no one complained. Next time I'm going to set my timer 10 minutes before I want to take them out. I think these need to be taken out when you think they are not quite done because they continue to cook for a little while after they are taken out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious - I'm thinking with some ice cream plopped beside them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven help me! Those brownies look delicious!


    I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looked terrific on Heidis site and they look wonderful heretoo. I will have to definitely try them.

    ReplyDelete