Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hoedown BBQ Chuck Roast


Finally the grilling season is upon us! I absolutely LOVE this time of year!!! I've been searching for new recipes and have come across many wonderful grilling ideas. This was another recipe I found, while searching through my Mom's cookbooks and I can't begin to tell you how yummy it smelled while cooking! My husband was so kind as to do the actual grilling and he chose to wrap the meat in foil before placing it on the grill. This worked out really well, because it seemed to prevent the meat from burning and I would certainly do this again--or I guess I should say that I'd have my husband do this again, as grilling is more his thing! The only thing that was slightly disappointing was that the meat seemed a little tough, but I think the marinade itself would be delicious on a more tender cut of meat.

Hoedown BBQ Chuck Roast

1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 lb), 2 inches thick
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 to 2 garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Trim fat from beef roast. In 12x8-inch (2 quart) glass baking dish or large resealable food storage plastic bag, mix remaining ingredients. Add roast; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning once or twice to marinate.

Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove roast from marinade; reserve and refrigerate marinade. Place roast on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium-lw heat 50 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until of desired doneness, turning once and basting with reserved marinade during last 15 minutes of cooking time. Discard any remaining marinade.

Note: To bake the roast, place in shallow roasting pan; bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, turning once and basting with reserved marinade during last 15 minutes of baking time.

Source: Pillsbury Potlucks & Reunions

10 comments:

  1. I bet the smell was amazing while this cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds terrific, I love the ingredients in the marinade.. so flavorful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our grill is actually broken, so I'm thrilled you included baking directions as well. Thanks! The marinade sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicous! Props to hubs for manning the grill.

    Welcome to SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been eye balling this recipe in your coming soon section. I was so excited to see you posted it and even more excited to write it on my grocery list for next week! This sounds so delicious. I can't WAIT to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love grilling season. I might have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I have already bookmarked a couple of your recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! that looks so delicious and I don't eat beef.
    It smells good too. Yes, I can smell it through my computer!
    Welcome to SITS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have a roast waiting to be cooked + i had no idea what i was going to do with it. this sounds yummy, i might try it tonight!

    ReplyDelete