Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Grilled Corn on the Cob


Bi-color corn is so wonderful and everyone seems to have it on sale now! I've never tried making corn on the grill before, but it was definitely a welcome change...it tasted much more like the corn you get at the fair! You can easily alter the seasonings, according to your preferences--I think it would be delicious with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on each piece of corn (in addition to the butter, salt and pepper) or with an "herb butter". We look forward to trying different variations over the summer :)

Grilled Corn on the Cob

6 ears corn
6 tablespoons butter, softened
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.

Peel back corn husks and remove silk. Place 1 tablespoon butter, salt and pepper on each piece of corn. Close husks.

Wrap each ear of corn tightly in aluminum foil. Place on the prepared grill. Cook approximately 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until corn is tender.

NOTE: I did feel as if the corn could use a little extra salt before serving!


Source: Allrecipes

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! You can grill the corn inside of the husks too! What we usually do is put the corn in water and letting it soak for about 20 minutes. Then we grill it and the steam from the water will cook the corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grilled corn on the cob...it's one of my all-time faves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I have eaten so much grilled corn until I couldn't barely breath. Practically food of the gods!

    ReplyDelete