Thursday, May 14, 2009

Best Beef Burgers


There's nothing I enjoy much more than a big, juicy burger with all of the "fixings"! My son was supposed to have another soccer game tonight, so I wanted to come up with a relatively quick dinner idea. I made the patties ahead of time, so my husband would be able to throw them on the grill as soon as we got home. Unfortunately, his game was canceled, due to all of this rain we've had, but at least my dinner was ready to go! I gave my husband very specific grilling instructions (according to the recipe) and I know it was driving him crazy to not follow his normal regimen. He followed the directions to a tee and let me tell you...these burgers were perfectly cooked! Searing them first really locked in all of the juices and made for a delicious burger. I have a feeling my husband may stick to this preparation method from now on--even though he always has made really good burgers :)

Best Beef Burgers

2 pounds ground chuck
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
4 hamburger buns (I bought Sara Lee buns...so good!)

Suggested Accompaniments:
Cheese slices
Sliced Beefsteak tomatoes
Red and white onions (raw or grilled)
Ketchup
Mustard
Pickles
Mayonnaise
Boston lettuce leaves

***I used swiss cheese, beefsteak tomatoes, vidalia onions, Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, mayo and lettuce!***

Directions:

Heat the grill to high. In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine the ground chuck with the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce; season generously with salt and pepper. Gently form into four 1-inch-thick patties.

Place the patties on the hottest part of the grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move the patties to the cooler part of the grill; continue grilling until desired doneness, 4 to 8 minutes per side.

Split the hamburger buns and toast on the grill if you like; place a burger on each bun and serve with the desired accompaniments.

Source: Everyday Food: Great Food Fast

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... this looks like the perfect burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled burgers are so good! Never thought about searing them first~will definitely give this a try.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah I'm trying so hard to not eat a single burger this week...and your post is NOT helping :) I wonder if I can get our cafeteria guy to make me one for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ThaNKs for stopping by!!! Im hungry now and I jsut woke up! I saw that burger and Im drooling! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, this is what I call a delicious burger!

    ReplyDelete