Friday, May 8, 2009

Honey Garlic Ribs


I've always just cooked spareribs slowly in the oven and basted with barbecue sauce toward the end, but I thought I'd "spice it up" a bit. This may be my new favorite way to prepare ribs! The sauce had an incredible flavor and the smell while cooking was unbelievable! My husband and I inhaled them and I even went back for seconds :) Knock on wood, I generally have pretty good luck when searching on Allrecipes.com--I always make sure I select recipes that have high ratings and the reviewers were right on with this one!

Honey Garlic Ribs

4 pounds pork spareribs
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Slice the ribs into individual pieces. In a large bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar. Stir until honey and sugar are completely dissolved, then stir in the baking soda. The mixture will begin to foam. Transfer ribs to the bowl, and turn to coat.

Cover a cookie sheet with foil, and arrange the ribs meat side up on the sheet. Pour excess sauce over all, and sprinkle with the garlic salt. Bake for 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes.

Source: Allrecipes

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to cook ribs. They look delicious. Love the combo of honey and garlic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allrecipes is one of my favorite resources too!!! These look wonderful! I'm bookmarking now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by... MMMMM. i've never heard of honey garlic ribs,but they sound/look deeeelicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to have to give this recipe a try! I love ribs but usually prepare them with barbecue sauce, the honey sauce sounds like a tasty change :).

    ReplyDelete