Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken


By now, you've probably realized that my blog is not the blog to follow if you're looking for "presentation"! (Sorry again about the picture!) This was another recipe I found in my new Taste of Home cookbook and was it ever delicious! It reminded me alot of a dish served at one of my favorite Chinese restaurants (in terms of flavor). This would be a great easy weeknight meal--I would suggest allowing the chicken to marinate overnight and then you would just have to place it in a foil-lined pan and bake it the following evening. The flavor was outstanding and the chicken itself was very moist. The recipe called for drumsticks, but I tend to prefer thighs--the marinade would taste great with either one. Just make sure you allow a little extra cooking time for the thighs--I think it ended up taking a good 45-50 minutes.

Teriyaki Chicken

3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sherry, optional
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
12 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each)

Directions:

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, sherry if desired, ginger and garlic powder;add drumsticks. Seal bag and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight, turning occasionally.

Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35 to 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and juices run clear.

Source: The Taste of Home Cookbook (New Revised Edition)

2 comments:

  1. These look really good! I'm definitely going to have to grab that cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really were delicious! The cookbook is a "must have"...check it out on amazon.com--it's MUCH cheaper! They do sell it at Walmart, too, but I think it's about $10 more. I can almost guarantee that you will want to try the majority of the recipes!

    ReplyDelete