Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos


Well, the hubby has been on quite a roll lately! That, or he just got tired of hinting around that he's been wanting to try chicken tacos, so he took matters into his own hands. I had to laugh when I saw the blog he found this recipe on--it's called "Building Camelot" and the blogger's slogan is "Helping men become better husbands and fathers". Hmmmmm.... (Rest assured...I'll be bookmarking this page for him, just in case he ever feels compelled to take some of this guy's advice!)

I'm not going to lie...Mexican food is not exactly my favorite food...kind of ironic since my husband is Hispanic, but I'm always open to trying everything at least once. I'm definitely more of a fan of "Americanized Mexican food" (ie: fajitas, quesdadillas, tacos, etc). My husband said that this was incredibly easy to throw together--another recipe that could be started at the beginning of the day and ready by dinnertime!

Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 packet taco seasoning
16 ounces salsa
Flour tortillas, corn tortillas, or taco shells

Directions:

Place the chopped onion and green pepper in the bottom of the crockpot. Place the chicken on top of the onions and peppers. Mix the taco seasoning with the salsa in a separate bowl and pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Shred chicken in crockpot and serve on tortillas (or taco shells).

***Top with your favorite taco "toppings"...we used lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream. YUM!***

Source: Building Camelot

9 comments:

  1. I just love crockpot meals, it's so nice to come home to dinner already made. This looks like a great one to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crock pot meals are the best. So tasty and convenient. Ive never tried tacos in there, will have to asthese sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks great! The pic is enough to have my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel: I appreciate the mention and I'm glad you guys enjoyed the recipe. We had this again last night and what's so good about this meal is that it keeps in the refrigerator and tastes just as good a day or two later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tacos and mexican food of any kind. We do tacos at least once a week. In addition to beef and chicken we also have used turkey, shrimp and fish! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with your husband here - these look delicious though I know what you mean about Mexican food in general.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delcious! Since I am hispanic, I love Mexican food and never thought about making tacos using my crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please visit my blog to pick up your awards :)

    ReplyDelete