Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chocolate Covered Pretzels and Awards!



What can I say?!? I LOVE making desserts that are super easy and always a big hit! There's something that really seems to draw people to the whole "sweet and salty" concept, so I've been making chocolate covered pretzels lately, for different functions/get-togethers. They are incredibly simple to make and you can be as creative as you want, as far as what you choose to dip them in. I made these for my son's birthday party yesterday and chose to do three different varieties: nuts, miniature M&M's and a Nonpareils Mix (Dessert Sprinkles). This is a perfect thing to make when you're short on time or just want to add a little extra "color" to your table!

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

1 bag pretzel rods
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
assortment of toppings

Directions:

Break pretzel rods in half. Melt chocolate chips over medium heat, until smooth and creamy. Dip broken end of pretzel into chocolate and coat approximately half of the rod. Place pretzel immediately onto wax-covered cookie sheet and sprinkle with desired toppings. Allow pretzels to cool/set in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes and then store in an airtight container.

***You can substitute white chocolate if you prefer, but I would recommend using the white baking discs--I didn't have very good luck with the white chocolate chips!***

Source: Rachel Guajardo

Last, but not least...a very sweet girl, Heidi, from Tried-and-True cooking with Heidi, passed along three awards to me. The awards given were the "Lemonade and Friends Award", "The Friends Award" and the "E for Excellent Award". I greatly appreciate her thinking enough of my blog to make mention of it and highly suggest that everyone take a look at her blog--she has some WONDERFUL recipes! Along with the awards, it was requested that I pass along this message..."These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."It also says : "Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award." I would now like to share these three awards with 8 blogs that I feel are most deserving and that I have greatly enjoyed reading...

1) Delectable Dining
2) Christy's Kitchen Creations
3) The Sister's Cafe
4) Amber's Delectable Delights
5) Our Best Bites
6) The Pioneer Woman
7) Picky Palate
8) My Tasty Treasures


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind words about my blog. I feel honored that it's enjoyed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel for thinking of me!! I do so enjoy your blog also!

    ReplyDelete