Saturday, March 7, 2009

"The Smoked Sausage Dish"



It seems like everyone in our "neck of the woods" has been sick the past few weeks! My husband started with it last week and sure enough, so kindly passed it on to the kids and I---yeah...not fun! I'm kind of used to being the "caregiver" (both at home and with my occupation), but my husband has taken over this weekend and "babied" me a bit. (I hate to admit it, but it's kind of refreshing for a change!) Earlier today, I had the most bizarre craving--especially seeing as how NOTHING has sounded good the past couple of days! I nonchalantly mentioned to my husband that the "smoked sausage dish" sounded kind of good and to my surprise, he picked up all of the ingredients while he was out with my son this afternoon. (Can you say "brownie points?!?) All kidding aside...this is a dish that my Mom used to make when we were growing up and it was never really given an "official" name--we refer to it as "the smoked sausage dish" and everyone in my family knows exactly what we're talking about :) I remember growing up, my Mom used to saute all of the ingredients in a pan, which probably wasn't the most healthy, but more recently, she and my Dad began grilling it and personally, I LOVE it that way! I think I've made it pretty clear, just how picky my husband is, but he would honestly eat this once a week, if I made it--I think it's safe to say that it's one of his top three favorite recipes that I make! While I wish I could take credit for the delicious dinner we had tonight, it was all my husband's doing! I couldn't resist sharing the recipe, though, as it's a family favorite!

"The Smoked Sausage Dish"

2 packages smoked sausage (we prefer beef!)
2 large green peppers
2 large onions
2-3 tablespoons minced garlic

Directions:

Cut smoked sausage into 2-3 inch chunks and place into lightly greased outdoor grill pan. Cut peppers and onions into bite-sized pieces/chunks and add to pan. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons minced garlic on mixture and toss to coat. Grill on medium fire until vegetables are tender.

***We recommend serving over mashed potatoes!!!***

Source: Adele Fine

2 comments:

  1. HiRachael- Perfect kind of meal, quick , easy, delicious, and to have ot cooked for you. Lucky Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely one of our standbys also, but I haven't tried it grilled yet. Sounds wonderful! We'll have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete