Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Oatmeal Butterscotch Toffee Chip Cookies


I knew I wanted to bring home some type of baked goods when I took the kids to visit my parents this week. Jake decided he wanted to help me make cookies for "Grandma and Grandpa", so I was all set to make the Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies I saw on "Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi". I just happened to stumble across a similar recipe on Picky Palate, that also included toffee chips and since I had some left from when I made chocolate covered pretzels, I decided to go with that recipe. (I'm anxious to try Heidi's in the near future, though, as they look equally as good!) These cookies were to die for! The butterscotch and toffee were such a good combination--especially paired with the oatmeal!

Oatmeal Butterscotch Toffee Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter
¾ Cup sugar
¾ Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ Cups flour
½ Cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 ½ Cups butterscotch chips
1 Cup toffee chip pieces

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the butterscotch chips and toffee bits just until combined.


With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing.

Source: Picky Palate

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought to mix the butterscotch and toffee. I love both so I can imagine these cookies are awsome! I will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eyeballed and printed these out from her site. I am glad to have another opinion and will be trying them for sure!! My husbands all time favorite is butteerscotch and toffee chips.

    ReplyDelete