Monday, March 9, 2009

Homemade Garlic and Olive Oil Baked Potato Chips


Who doesn't love potato chips...especially paired with their favorite sandwich?!? I really have been trying to be as conscientious as possible with my cooking and I'm proud to announce that my husband has lost over 20 lbs in the past 8 weeks...23 lbs to be exact :) I hate to sabotage his diet, so I was thrilled when I found this recipe. It comes from "Picky Palate" and I have been anxious to try some of her recipes. This seemed like the perfect opportunity, because I was wanting something to serve with my barbecue pork sandwiches. The chips were SO good...nice and crispy, just like we like them! We didn't mind the least bit that they didn't come from a bag :) Plus, I was SUPER excited to use my mandolin for the first time...talk about a "must have gadget"!!!

Homemade Garlic and Olive Oil Baked Potato Chips

2 large russet potatoes, washed, not peeled
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
few small pinches Kosher salt
small pinch Lawry’s Garlic Salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. With a mandolin on the thinnest blade or a sharp knife, slice potatoes into thin slices. Place sliced potatoes on paper towels to gently pat dry. With a pastry brush, very lightly brush the potatoes with extra virgin olive oil. Lightly sprinkle one side of the potatoes with kosher salt and garlic salt. Place seasoned side of potatoes down onto 2 large baking sheets that have been sprayed lightly with cooking spray then do the same to the unseasoned side. Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove and flip each potato. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. If you have one baking sheet on the bottom rack, it will brown a bit faster so watch closely.

Remove chips and place onto a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes to finish crisping, then serve.

(***Watch the chips very carefully when they're in the oven, because they burn pretty easily!***)

Source: Picky Palate

No comments:

Post a Comment