Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oven Fried Chicken


Okay, so I'll admit...I'm a sucker for Kentucky Fried Chicken, but we very seldom get it--especially since we've tried eating healthier lately! I've never thought to try making my own fried chicken, let alone a "baked version", but when I saw this on Christy's Kitchen Creations, I knew I just had to try it! (Especially after I casually mentioned to my sister yesterday, that I was thinking about making it and she said it was delicious...that she had already made it!) I bought a whole fryer, cut up, because my husband seems to prefer white meat and I prefer dark meat. I served it with oven roasted potatoes and it was incredibly easy to make and will definitely go into our meal rotation! I had no doubt in my mind that this recipe would be good, but I honestly was surprised to find that the chicken tasted as good, if not better, than any fried chicken I've ever had out!

Oven Fried Chicken

Chicken pieces of your choice
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Flour
3 Tbs. oil
3 Tbs. butter or margarine

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Salt, pepper and paprika individual pieces of chicken, slightly rubbing in and under skin. Place flour in bag. Toss a few pieces into flour bag and shake generously to coat chicken. Repeat with remaining pieces.

Place oil and margarine in 9 x 13 pan and place in oven for 3-4 minutes to melt butter. Place chicken pieces in pan.

Bake for 30 minutes, turn chicken and bake for another 20 minutes.

Source: Christy's Kitchen Creations

2 comments:

  1. This chicken looks so good! I have made crunchy oven baked chicken before using crushed corn flakes. It was really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! This looks so delicious. I ADORE fried chicken and have got to try it!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete