Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oven Fried Chicken

Okay, so I'll admit...I'm a sucker for Kentucky Fried Chicken, but we very seldom get it--especially since we've tried eating healthier lately! I've never thought to try making my own fried chicken, let alone a "baked version", but when I saw this on Christy's Kitchen Creations, I knew I just had to try it! (Especially after I casually mentioned to my sister yesterday, that I was thinking about making it and she said it was delicious...that she had already made it!) I bought a whole fryer, cut up, because my husband seems to prefer white meat and I prefer dark meat. I served it with oven roasted potatoes and it was incredibly easy to make and will definitely go into our meal rotation! I had no doubt in my mind that this recipe would be good, but I honestly was surprised to find that the chicken tasted as good, if not better, than any fried chicken I've ever had out!

Oven Fried Chicken

Chicken pieces of your choice
3 Tbs. oil
3 Tbs. butter or margarine


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Salt, pepper and paprika individual pieces of chicken, slightly rubbing in and under skin. Place flour in bag. Toss a few pieces into flour bag and shake generously to coat chicken. Repeat with remaining pieces.

Place oil and margarine in 9 x 13 pan and place in oven for 3-4 minutes to melt butter. Place chicken pieces in pan.

Bake for 30 minutes, turn chicken and bake for another 20 minutes.

Source: Christy's Kitchen Creations


  1. This chicken looks so good! I have made crunchy oven baked chicken before using crushed corn flakes. It was really really good.

  2. OMG!! This looks so delicious. I ADORE fried chicken and have got to try it!! Thanks!