Thursday, October 8, 2009

Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia


Ummmmm, yeah...I'm still VERY behind on my blogging! I feel absolutely terrible, because I truly miss each and every one of your blogs and hope you know that I plan to do some major "catching up" in the next couple of weeks!!! I have caught a recipe here and there, but am fairly certain I have missed quite a few. It's just been such a busy month or so...I actually made this tilapia on September 24th and am just now getting around to posting it! As for the recipe, I'm not sure it was my "favorite" tilapia recipe, but it was definitely good...especially if you're trying to watch what you eat. (It came from a blog dedicated to Weight Watcher recipes). Speaking of which, I have met my goal, so I am SO over this whole dieting thing. I'm a very strong-willed and determined individual, but have a difficult time cutting out my favorite foods!!! :) I hope you all are well and I can't wait to check out your latest posts!!!

Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia

(6) 6oz tilapia fillets (I used frozen)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tsp fresh parsley (I didn't have any fresh, so I substituted dried)
salt and pepper
cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter on a low flame in a small sauce pan. Add garlic and saute on low for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and shut off flame.
Spray the bottom of a baking dish lightly with cooking spray.

Place the fish on top and season with salt and pepper. Pour the lemon butter mixture on the fish and top with fresh parsley. Bake at 400° until cooked, about 15 minutes.

NOTE: Weight Watcher's Points--5 pts per 6 oz serving

Source: Gina's WW Recipes

10 comments:

  1. Miss ya Rachel.This dish sounds delicious. My hubby and I would love it and I am bookmarking it. Tilapia is one of our favorites to cook with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on making your goal. I love to hear that - maybe it'll inspire me :D This does look tasty. I can see it on a bed of sauteed spinach and me eating it up!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOO I had tilapia tonight....I love it.
    My mom had me over for dinner. I have an Indian friend who has told me to marinate for a couple of hours in plain yogurt with some tumeric and then bake it. MMMMm...can't wait to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on hitting your goal! I know that it's a good feeling. I remember when I reached mine...getting off that college weight in my early 20's and then reaching goal again in my late 20's after my first daughter was born. It's a good feeling! Since my second was born I've hovered about 10-15 lbs. above my goal. I need to get on it! Maybe find a meeting? I'm a big fan of WW.

    This recipe looks classic and yummy. It's good to see you back on here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making your goal!

    The tilapia looks delicious! It's nice to find new recipes since tilapia is usually so inexpensive.

    I hope you will stop by and check out my cocktail party. In a nutshell, I'm giving my blog over to guest bloggers every other day so my readers can "mingle" and see blogs they may not already follow. I'd love to have you participate if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you post! I've missed you :) Thanks so much for voting for my recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the very sweet comments!!!

    Donna--we really have taken a liking to Tilapia...hopefully you'll enjoy the recipe! Like I said, it's not necessarily my "favorite", but it wasn't bad, by any means and I would make it again!

    Kim--I bet it would be wonderful on a bed of sauteed spinach! My husband "snubs" spinach, so I never really buy it, but next time I make tilapia, I think I'm going to buy some for myself :)

    Linda--I've never had anything like that, so I'll have to give that a try! Do you have an exact recipe or does she just kind of "wing it"?

    Krista--that was my problem...I lost my weight right away after my son was born, but I just could not seem to lose that extra 10 lbs after having my daughter! Now I just need to work on toning up, b/c my stomach makes me want to vomit! I was about 115 lbs prior to having my daughter and gained 35 lbs with her, so you can imagine how stretched out my stomach is...I wasn't one of those lucky few who went back to having a flat stomach :)

    "Willoughby"--I've found tilapia to be one of the least expensive types of fish...I can ordinarily get a pound frozen bag of it for $2.99. Salmon used to be my "fish of choice" and I could get it for about $4/lb, but lately, I can't find it for less than $6/lb. We tried pollock a couple of times, but didn't much care for it. As for your "cocktail party", I'm going to attempt to check it out here shortly...assuming my son cooperates and gives me a few moments of silence!

    Heidi--I was happy to vote for you! I really hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love tilapia, this looks just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on ya for meeting your goal! It's one of the hardest things to accomplish, especially when one enjoys food. There must be a huge feeling of empowerment in knowing you achieved this.

    The tilapia sounds good! I like simple flavorings for fish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at "garlic". This looks fabulous.
    I stopped by from Willoughby's Cocktail Party. Nice to meet you. I'll be back again soon.
    xo

    ReplyDelete