Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cheesy Microwave Cauliflower


Okay, so not a very "original" name for this quick side dish, but it's one of those sides that everyone always seems to enjoy, so I thought I'd post it :) It is so easy to throw together and cooks in the microwave...BONUS! To be completely honest, I never exactly measure the ingredients, so I'm just going to give you the approximate measurements and you can play around with it to your liking.
(It tastes better than it probably looks!)

Cheesy Microwave Cauliflower

One large head of cauliflower
3/4-1 cup mayo (or Miracle Whip...I tend to prefer the sweetness of Miracle Whip)
3 Tablespoons of mustard (you can adjust the amount if you aren't much of a mustard fan or increase it if you are especially fond of mustard!)
5-6 slices American Cheese

Wash cauliflower, remove leaves and some of the bottom core, if it's especially bulky at the bottom. Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe dish (preferably with a lid, but you can always use wax paper, too!) and add approximately 1/2 cup of water. Combine mustard and mayo in a small bowl and spread generously over the cauliflower. Microwave, covered, for approximately 15 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved. When cauliflower is done cooking, leave in microwave, remove cover, place American cheese slices all over to cover entire head of cauliflower and allow to sit in microwave for a few minutes until cheese melts.

11 comments:

  1. This sounds so great and easy Rachel! I'm always lacking in the side dish department. I will have to give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to make cauliflower, I love that it keeps the oven free. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds terrific. I love how easy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this. I'm the only one who eats cauliflower, but I could certainly pare down the recipe for just me because the ingredients are so adjustable. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is still one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...this is so simple and I've never thought of it before! I love cauliflower and this is simple and looks so tasty. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! You can't go wrong with cheese and mayo! Bonus points for making it in the microwave. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks delicious.

    I found you at SITS. I just finished reading Julie and Julia so cooking blogs are becoming of interest to me. I write about designing a home on a budget. If that interests you, I hope you'll stop in and visit sometime. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your site through your sister's. I also have a recipe blog! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me discover yours! I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really easy and delicious I'm sure

    ReplyDelete