Sunday, April 12, 2009

Double Tomato Bruschetta


I'm fairly certain that this is the recipe my husband made a couple of years ago for a Valentine's dinner he made for me. That was the first time I ever tried Bruschetta--it was one of those things I assumed my husband would never even consider ordering when out to dinner! I LOVED it when he made it and I enjoyed it as much this time around! It's very easy to make and would be a great appetizer to accompany an Italian meal--or any meal, for that matter! This particular recipe is for 6 servings, allowing approximately 2 pieces a person.

Double Tomato Bruschetta

3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
1-1/2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh basil, stems removed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 French baguette
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Preheat the oven on broiler setting. In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.

Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.

Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

Source: Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment