Sunday, April 12, 2009

BLT Pasta Salad


Since having my daughter, I have found it next to impossible to make time to grab a bite to eat during the day--I usually just eat a pretty hearty dinner! My four year old son is a wild man and is constantly demanding my attention. Now that my daughter is crawling (and two seconds away from walking), I have to watch the two little rugrats like a hawk! My energy level has been at an all-time low and it dawned on me that it's likely because I'm not taking the time to eat breakfast or lunch on a regular basis. I made up my mind the other day that I was going to start making things in bulk, that I can eat on during the week. I, personally, could eat the same thing everyday and it wouldn't phase me--I'm pretty easy-going :) I decided to make this BLT pasta salad, because it is fairly hearty and incorporates several different food groups. This is another recipe that I was given, shortly before I was married and while my husband won't go near it with a ten foot pole (strictly because it has mayonnaise in it), I quite enjoy it! I hope you do, as well!

BLT Pasta Salad

16 oz elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1 lb bacon, fried and diced (I make my bacon in the oven...a bit healthier!)
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
2-3 tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, diced
Mayonnaise (enough to moisten all ingredients)

Directions:

Mix first five ingredients together and coat with mayonnaise until creamy.

Source: Adapted from recipe by Risa Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment