Monday, August 3, 2009

Marinated Pork Tenderloin


If you want to see how this pork should really look, make sure to check out Donna's (My Tasty Treasure's) blog...her pictures were WAY better!!! We had some minor issues as far as the cooking time goes and had to cut into it several different times. I had to laugh, because I bought a pork tenderloin, having absolutely no idea what I was going to do with it and then I came across this recipe on Allrecipes.com. To my surprise, Donna posted the very same recipe the next day! She is an absolutely amazing cook, so the fact that she recommended it, let me know that it was definitely worth trying. It was wonderful, although I think I ended up using a 3 1/2 pound pork loin instead of (2) 3/4 lb pork tenderloins, so I should have researched the cooking time a little more thoroughly as I grossly underestimated the amount of time it would need. Tomorrow, I'll be posting a recipe that we tried to utilize the leftovers!!!

Marinated Pork Tenderloin

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons sherry
1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch garlic powder
2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloins

Directions:

Place soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, dried onion, cinnamon, olive oil, and a touch of garlic powder in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal, and shake to mix. Place pork in bag with marinade, seal, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.

Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly oil grate. Place tenderloins on grill, and discard marinade. Cook 20 minutes, or to desired doneness. Slice into medallions, and serve.

Source: Allrecipes.com

13 comments:

  1. This makes my mouth water just looking at the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good!! I will have to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny, we made this at our house last weekend and we also had to cut into it a few times. Im glad it wasnt just me. All of Donna's food is soooo good. I know, I know she is my sister, but it is true. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the sound of this marinade...I bet this tenderloin was delish!It certainly looks tender and juicy.
    Must be the week for pork tenderloin as I cooked and blogged it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like this recipe is a keeper !
    You know it's a great recipe when it goes you keep seeing it on all the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I'm making that for dinner tonight! It caught my eye when Donna first posted it so I picked up a package of pork tenderloins at Sam's Club yesterday. I'll let you know if I have to cut into it multiple times, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you photo looks great! I love pork and this looks amazing. You always pick great recipes to post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Rachel for the kind words. Your photo looks lovely. This is one of our faves.. I used a meat thermometer and when it regestered 160, I knew to stop cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks and sounds very yummy! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE pork tenderloin! And I'm sure my end product would look more like yours than hers. LOL Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummm.... Rachel, this DOES look very good. That marinade sounds perfect for the pork!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The marinade looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete