Sunday, February 1, 2009

BBQ Country Style Ribs



I saw this recipe and wondered what exactly "country style" ribs were and how they differed from the "western style" ribs that I always see on sale at the grocery store. Apparently, they're the exact same thing and are sold at a fraction of the cost of spareribs or baby back ribs. Don't get me wrong...by no means are they a true substitute for a good slab of ribs (nor are they actual "ribs"), but they are extremely meaty and quite tasty! I did add about half an inch of water to the bottom of my baking dish and I covered the ribs with foil for the first two hours. I then removed the foil, drained the juices, covered with BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays, might I add!) and recovered for all but the last 20 minutes.

BBQ Country Style Ribs

10 country style pork ribs
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 (18 ounce) bottle BBQ sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).

In a shallow baking pan or roaster, place ribs in a single layer; salt if desired. Spread the garlic on the ribs, then place the lemon slices on top. Bake in a preheated oven for 2 hours - the ribs should be tender. Drain any grease and liquid. Pour BBQ sauce over the ribs. Return to oven and bake one more hour at 200 to 250 degrees F.

Source: Allrecipes

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try these! I'm done with winter at this point, and these sound like the perfect way to bring a little taste of summer home! I agree with you-- Sweet Baby Rays would be a must!

    ReplyDelete