Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baked French Fries


Have I mentioned how much I LOVE potatoes?!? I knew I needed some form of potatoes with my baked chicken nuggets and what would be more appropriate than "baked french fries"?!? My son really enjoyed these--they got nice and crisp and had really good flavor. I added some garlic powder and garlic salt to the recipe, so they wouldn't be too bland and they turned out perfectly! Again, another great healthier alternative to fast food!

Baked French Fries

3 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
cooking spray
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet. Arrange potato strips in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, skin sides down. Spray lightly with cooking spray, and sprinkle with basil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

Source: Allrecipes

2 comments:

  1. What an easy recipe!!! I can't wait to try it. I'm right there with you on finding healthier options to fast food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was SO easy, Kelly! Jake seemed to love them--I was afraid he wouldn't know what to make of them, since he's really only used to "McDonald's fries", but he inhaled them!

    ReplyDelete