Monday, June 22, 2009

Olive Garden Tuscan Garlic Chicken


I came across this recipe several years ago, when I was up visiting my parents around their anniversary. I had decided to make them dinner and wanted to find something that they would both enjoy. I remember scouring the internet, in search of that "perfect recipe" and knew immediately that this would appeal to both of them. I don't know if any of you are aware, but if you go to Olivegarden.com, they have a link to many recipes on their site. I actually kind of forgot about that, until I was typing out this post! My parents both seemed impressed with the quality of this dish and my Mom has said that it's one of her favorite recipes. My Mom was in town this past week, so I decided to make it for her. Again, everyone said they enjoyed it! My youngest sister has actually ordered the Garlic Tuscan Chicken at Olive Garden (after trying my version) and she said that she honestly preferred this recipe. The original recipe calls for one red pepper, but I think the addition of the yellow pepper is nice in terms of adding a little color, but trust me...I understand how expensive red and yellow peppers can be, so I would think that it would be just as good with green peppers. I also have been itching to try adding mushrooms and/or onions, but I'll have to wait for a day when my husband isn't around :) The recipe I'm posting includes several revisions that I have made over the years, but by all means, feel free to refer to the original recipe and you can tailor the recipe to suit your tastes. I'm sure it will be delicious, most any way you make it!!!

Olive Garden Tuscan Garlic Chicken

(6) 6-8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/2 inch thickness)
1 1/4 cup flour, plus 2 tablespoons
2 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
1 lb fettuccine pasta (I've always used penne)
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
1 red pepper, julienne cut
1 yellow pepper, julienne cut
1 cup white wine
1/2 lb whole leaf spinach, stemmed
24 oz heavy cream
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350ºF and start boiling water for pasta. Mix 1 1/4 cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess. Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 3 at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp (2-3 min). Add more oil for each batch as necessary.

Place cooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet and transfer to preheated oven. Cook for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and peppers and cook for approximately 1 minute. Stir in 2 Tbsp flour, wine, spinach and cream and bring to a boil. Sauce is done when spinach becomes wilted. Complete by stirring in parmesan cheese.

Coat cooked, drained pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese.

Adapted from recipe posted on Olivegarden.com

17 comments:

  1. mmmmm that looks good. I love anything that has spinach and a cream sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks SO good. You can just tell from the picture how creamy it is! I think it's so awesome that Olive Garden shares their recipes like that. I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous! Oh my! This is a definite must do. YUM YUM YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make this dish quite often, and LOVE it! So creamy and tasty! Just like restaurant food :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a recipe for Olive Garden's zuppa toscana and it's the same thing...I definitely prefer my version. Since I love everything on the menu at Olive Garden I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's good information on the Olive Garden site. I've only gone there to read to menu so I can order take out. I'll definitely look at their recipes! Thanks!

    This pasta does look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had this before but it sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy! You are speaking my language!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Olive Garden, and this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything with the name Tuscan and includes Garlic is great by me!! Sounds delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum! This looks heavenly, a perfect dish for guests!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this looks so good. You had me at the word garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this looks and sounds incredible. Perfect dish!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool that they have their recipes posted. I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely getting made for company in the near future - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks delicious! I didn't know that Olive Garden posted some of their recipes, I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete