Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Meat Marinade


I'm getting ready to work 4-5 shifts in a row at the hospital, so I was looking for an easy dinner idea. What could possibly be an easier option than taking my husband up on his offer to grill when he got home from work?!? It's been threatening to rain all day, but I figured I'd take my chances and go ahead and marinate my chicken so it was ready to go as soon as he arrived home...assuming we weren't the midst of a downpour! Recently I came across a blog put together by five sisters, called "The Sister's Cafe". Being one of three sisters and adoring my own mother as much as they appear to adore theirs, I immediately became somewhat partial to their blog. The only suggestion I would make is to possibly consider marinating your meat overnight.

Meat Marinade

1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons mustard
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic (I used one small clove)

Directions:

Mix well. Pour over meat, then let marinate for 6-8 hours in the fridge. (I made it the night before out of convenience, and I didn't think the flavor was too powerful). Good on meat, fish or chicken.

Source: The Sister's Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment