Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Easy Baked Tilapia


I've been on a mission the past few days to clear out the freezers and refrigerator in anticipation of the holidays. I found two bags of frozen tilapia fillets toward the back of my kitchen freezer, so I thought I'd go ahead and thaw them and then try to figure out what in the heck I was going to do with them! My natural inclination is always to start with Taste of Home, since I am a bit partial to their recipes and sure enough, I came across yet another "winner"! This was incredibly easy to throw together and both of my kids, who have been a bit reluctant to eat fish lately, inhaled it! I liked that it had the "illusion" of fried fish with the coating, but the ingredients were all relatively healthy...and it was baked!

Easy Baked Tilapia

3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
2 lbs tilapia fillets (approximately 4-5 oz each) ***I used frozen fillets***

Directions

In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic salt and oregano. Coat fillets in crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Source: Adapted from Taste of Home

10 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea. It sounds like such a healthy delicious alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good Rachel; I like serving fish because it is so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm. this does sound like a delicious way to serve this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good! I am always looking for a fish recipe that *I* like so I will serve it to the rest of the family because *they* already like fish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. Although since I baked some Cod a couple of weeks ago I can't think of baking fish. My house stunk for a week. Something not right there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds super...I always suck at making fish.
    Hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boys are not fish eaters and I have been looking for an easy fish recipe that might entice them! BINGO! I cannot wait to try it! The older I get the more I love fish! HHHHhhhmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made baked cod like this...and I while it was tasty, I missed the fried part! But now I'm wondering if tilapia would be better...I'll ahve to try. I just stumbled on your blog and I love it! I have a cooking blog as well, check it out if you want. I'm going to start going through your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delish, Im trying this recipe tonight!

    ReplyDelete