Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Easy Baked Tilapia


I've been on a mission the past few days to clear out the freezers and refrigerator in anticipation of the holidays. I found two bags of frozen tilapia fillets toward the back of my kitchen freezer, so I thought I'd go ahead and thaw them and then try to figure out what in the heck I was going to do with them! My natural inclination is always to start with Taste of Home, since I am a bit partial to their recipes and sure enough, I came across yet another "winner"! This was incredibly easy to throw together and both of my kids, who have been a bit reluctant to eat fish lately, inhaled it! I liked that it had the "illusion" of fried fish with the coating, but the ingredients were all relatively healthy...and it was baked!

Easy Baked Tilapia

3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
2 lbs tilapia fillets (approximately 4-5 oz each) ***I used frozen fillets***

Directions

In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic salt and oregano. Coat fillets in crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Source: Adapted from Taste of Home

9 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea. It sounds like such a healthy delicious alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good Rachel; I like serving fish because it is so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm. this does sound like a delicious way to serve this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good! I am always looking for a fish recipe that *I* like so I will serve it to the rest of the family because *they* already like fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. Although since I baked some Cod a couple of weeks ago I can't think of baking fish. My house stunk for a week. Something not right there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds super...I always suck at making fish.
    Hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boys are not fish eaters and I have been looking for an easy fish recipe that might entice them! BINGO! I cannot wait to try it! The older I get the more I love fish! HHHHhhhmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made baked cod like this...and I while it was tasty, I missed the fried part! But now I'm wondering if tilapia would be better...I'll ahve to try. I just stumbled on your blog and I love it! I have a cooking blog as well, check it out if you want. I'm going to start going through your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds delish, Im trying this recipe tonight!

    ReplyDelete