Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lemon Garlic Tilapia



As previously mentioned, my family has been attempting to eat healthier...well, minus my chicken recipe from last night! My husband and I both really enjoy fish, but for some reason, I don't seem to buy it all that often. As a rule, when I have gotten fish in the past, I seemed to gravitate more toward salmon, but the last couple of times, I've gotten Tilapia and have been pleasantly surprised by the texture/flavor! I guess I always assumed that it was similar to pollock, which my husband despises, but it's a much more "dense" fish and got his stamp of approval! This is a very simple recipe--the only changes I made were to sprinkle the fish with garlic salt and pepper before pouring the lemon juice over the fillets and I mixed the garlic in with the melted butter, before drizzling it over the fish. I also sprinkled a small amount of lemon pepper seasoning to finish it off. Definitely watch the fish closely as it cooks...I would say that 22-25 minutes would be plenty of time! Enjoy :)

Lemon Garlic Tilapia

4 tilapia fillets
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Rinse tilapia fillets under cool water, and pat dry with paper towels.
Place fillets in baking dish. Pour lemon juice over fillets, then drizzle butter on top. Sprinkle with garlic, parsley, and pepper. Bake in preheated oven until the fish is white and flakes when pulled apart with a fork, about 30 minutes.

Source: Allrecipes

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good! Were you able to get Jake to eat any of it? I wasn't sure how he did with fish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake insisted he wanted noodles for dinner, so he didn't try it this time around, but ordinarily he loves fish--I'm fairly certain he would have enjoyed it! It really was very good--I think you would like it!

    ReplyDelete