Sunday, May 15, 2011

Baked Parmesan Perch


Well, I went grocery shopping the other day and as usual, only chicken was on sale, so as I was attempting to make room in my freezer for the random frozen items I purchased, I found a bag of perch. By no means am I a "food snob", but I'm finding it quite difficult to find frozen fish that I really enjoy. The bottom line is that nothing beats fresh fish--it's just hard to rationalize spending $7-$10/lb, while on a budget! I'm hoping against hope that trout or salmon goes on sale in the near future--not only because I'm desperately craving them, but because I have a couple of REALLY good recipes to share and they won't be near as good on frozen fish. As far as this recipe is concerned, I actually was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful the fish was and it was SO easy! Another recipe I will be adding to my rotation, especially when I'm in need of a quick weeknight meal!

Baked Parmesan Perch

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
1 pound perch or fish fillets of your choice
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Directions:

In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, oregano and lemon pepper seasoning. Brush fish fillets with butter, then dip into the crumb mixture. Place in a greased baking pan. bake, uncovered, at 500 degrees F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Source: Adapted from allrecipes.com

4 comments:

  1. The price of food is shocking these days, especially if you cook fresh. Nice recipe here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the outrageous food prices, it seems that finding the great deals is getting harder and harder. I love finding a good recipe for something I'd forgotten about in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fish looks delicious! Fresh fish has gotten terribly expensive, especially one of my favorites, Halibut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just awful how expensive everything is these days! I used to feel as if I had too many options and couldn't narrow down what I wanted to buy for the week, but I'm lucky if I can find one or two meat/poultry items on sale each week now! I'm about over chicken thighs/legs!!!!!! My husband has been making whole chicken on our little rotisserie machine, which is delicious, but it doesn't give me the opportunity to post as many recipes these days!

    ReplyDelete