Kathy from Three on Food passed along this award to me this morning...what a nice surprise on such a gloomy day! (Thank you SO much, Kathy!) Along with this award, I'm supposed to share seven things about my personality and then pass along the award and meme on to seven other bloggers for them to do the same. I've really enjoyed "meeting" new people from all over the country and am excited to learn even more about some of my fellow bloggers!
1. Family-Oriented--I LOVE my family more than life itself!
2. Determined--I set goals and can't stand when I am unable to achieve them. I swear by my "lists"--I write lists for everything and nothing makes me happier than being able to cross items off as I accomplish different tasks!
3. Patient--I think I've developed a great deal of patience since having my children. Having a rambunctious four year old little boy can be rather challenging at times!
4. Honest--I pride myself on being a very honest individual and expect nothing less from others! Lying is one thing I absolutely despise!
5. Forgiving--I feel as if I've been "tested" plenty over the years, yet I always tend to have a forgiving heart.
6. Concerned--I worry about everything/everyone! This tends to pose a challenge in my line of work, because I find myself getting very emotionally involved with patients and their families.
7. Reserved/Easy-Going--I'm very laid back and tend to come across as being more on the shy side until I get to know people. I typically find that I get along with everyone...well, most everyone! (Do in-laws count?!?!)
I am passing this meme along to the following bloggers:
If you were to look up the word "picky" in the dictionary, you would see a picture of my husband off to the left. Growing up, I was exposed to all sorts of different foods and encouraged to experiment with different flavors, but after meeting my husband, I somewhat locked myself into an eight to ten meal rotation and was reluctant to deviate. I have since given birth to two of the least picky eaters on the face of the Earth, thus inspiring me to transform my cooking style. I know many people, like myself, lead such hectic lives, so I strive to find recipes that are quick and easy--especially those that you can whip up with ingredients that you ordinarily have on hand!
A bit about me...I married my husband, Marcus, on June 1, 2003 and we welcomed our son Jacob on March 22, 2005. Our daughter, Madeline, was born on March 1, 2008. I stay home with the kids for the most part, but also work occasional shifts as a registered nurse at a local hospital. I truly hope you enjoy my blog. A special "thank you" to my sister, Sarah, for giving me the idea! Her creativity is hard to live up to, but I'm a very determined person and hope to make her proud :)